Subscribe to #LitGoals Mailings!

* indicates required

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Thrilling Quick Bits From Net Galley

Her Last Breath by J.A. SchneiderThe perks of not knowing a book is a part of a series is that when book two so completely consumes you, you're excited to go back and read book one. I lost an entire day wrapped up in this book. I didn't move from my seat, I had to plug my Kindle in to the charger right by my chair. Not even sure breathing happened. Then, I lost hours again to book one. I haven't quite finished it yet but Ms. Schneider does a fantastic job of sucking you in and not letting you go. It isn't an easy task, but one that is so crucial for mystery and thriller writers. (Check out Book One here!) 

The Devils Prayer by Luke Gracias: Reading this novel transports you to some of the most beautiful churches and scenescapes in the world. The actual story is haunting, it creeps in under your skin and doesn't let go easily. Comparable to Dan Brown's novels, though a bit more fantastical, the differing story lines will both confuse and entrap you. And while the ending may frustrate you fear not! Book two is due out December of 2017 (AKA for Christmas!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment