Subscribe to #LitGoals Mailings!

* indicates required

Sunday, February 26, 2017

February is a Fickle Month

Happy Sunday All,

February, month two of 2017, 28 days of wintery bliss that somehow always goes by far to fast. February, the month where I don't feel like I accomplished as much as I wanted to regarding my reading goals. February, the month that distracted me like no other this year! Oh February, by Tuesday you will end, March will begin, and I have a plan; yes I have a plan to March straight into these reading challenges with vigor and coffee. So much coffee.

To date I've completed the following challenges:


BOOK RIOT READ HARDER
Read a book about booksThe Book JumperMechthild Glaser384
Read a book published between 1900 and 1950The Great GatsbyF. Scott Fitzgerald156
Read a book that is set more than 5000 miles from your locationTulip Fever (Amsterdam)Deborah Moggach288
Read a book in which a character of color goes on a spiritual journeyNorwegian WoodHaruki Murakami296
Read a book published by a micro-pressMargaret The FirstDanielle Dutton176
POP SUGAR
A book of lettersThe Private Letters of Countess Erzesbet BathoryKimberly Craft142
An audio bookCaravalStephanie Garber416
A book that's a story within a storyThe Miniaturist Jessie Burton 416
An espionage thrillerBad MonkeyMatt Ruff241
A book by an author who uses a pseudonymThe Silent WifeA.S.A Harrison326
A bestseller from a genre you don't normally readHow to fight presidentsDaniel O'Brien272
A book involving travelPassenger/Wayfarer (Time travel)Alexandra Bracken1018
A book that's published in 2017The PossessionsSarah Flannery Murphy368
A book involving a mythical creatureThe Bear and the NightengaleKatherine Arden336
A book you've read before that never fails to make you smile
A book with career adviceGetting an Academic Job in HistoryDana Polanichka112
A book with picturesVlad the Impaler: The Real Count DraculaEnid A. Goldber & Norman Itzkowitz128
The first in a series you haven't read beforeUnder Different StarsAmy A Bartol297
A book with an eccentric characterThe Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and DisappearedJonas Jonasson & Rod Bradbury396
A book you got from a used book saleThe Last LectureRandy Pausch & Jeffrey Zaslow206
#LitsyAtoZ
Book AAll The Ugly and Wonderful ThingsBryn Greenwood352
Book ZZ: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald Therese Ann Fowler375

Moving on into March I'm realizing that I need to get focused again; books can be distracting, who would have known?

Since it seems that the area I'm lacking in the most at present is my #LitsyAtoZ books they're going to be my March focus. My plan is to read at least five books slated out for that challenge and one for each of the others. Seven challenge slated books, and then whatever else I want to read. Gotta love having that goal right? 

Until next time, 

XoXo 
BrainyHeroine

No comments:

Post a Comment