Subscribe to #LitGoals Mailings!

* indicates required

Monday, February 20, 2017

Catching Up and Checking In

Happy President's Day!

And on this celebratory day, (where it should be mandatory that the government give us free cake) I am thrilled to say I've completed my challenge list. No, I haven't completed my challenges, well not all of them at least, but I've finished the list for Popsugar and Read Harder so that I'll stop getting distracted with other books and then hope I can fit them in somewhere. Book distraction is a real thing, and it is a real issue for me. I'm a hopper, so at any given time I'm reading/listening to about four or five books. Truly, this is madness.

Since I've been off the last few days this has been my only goal. Now that I've reached said goal I can go through the process of crossing off the books I've read, updating my Goodreads page (which I suck at on a good day sometimes) and tallying up reading challenges. This will also let me move forward with written reviews of the book, more in-depth blog posts about reading, and hopefully I won't lose my damn mind along the way. February is almost over and I feel that in the shortest month of the year I've truly come up short on my reading goals, mainly due to life and reading distractions.

If you're interested, below is the master list I've come up with. I'm not posting what challenge they fit since I don't want complete and utter spoilers haha, but I think I've come up with a pretty impressive list. (NO REPEATS! That deserves a cake on merit alone!)

XoXo
BrainyHeroine


Title of BookAuthorPage Count
A Moment on the EdgeElizabeth George560
Accidental EmpressAlison Pataki512
All The Bright PlacesJennifer Niven378
All The Ugly and Wonderful ThingsBryn Greenwood352
Almost a WomanEsmeralda Santiago336
AmericanahChimamanda Mgozi Adichie477
AntarcticaClaire Keegan224
Bad MonkeyMatt Ruff241
Bear, Otter & The KidT.J Klune350
Behold the DreamersImbolo Mbue400
Bird BoxJosh Malerman262
Boy Meets BoyDavid Leviathan226
Bridge of Spies: A True Story of the Cold WarGiles Whittell303
Broken MonstersLauren Beukes464
CaravalStephanie Garber416
Catcher in the RyeJ.D. Salinger288
City of Light City of PoisonHolly Tucker336
Count of Monte Cristo (mentioned in Butterfly Garden)Alexander Dumas1276
Dark MatterBlake Crouch354
Eligible Curtis Sittenfeld 512
Fallen Founder: The Life of Aaron BurrNancy Isenberg560
FrankensteinMary Shelley 166
Getting an Academic Job in HistoryDana Polanichka112
Hard Luck: Harvey Haddix and the Greatest Game Ever LostLew Freedman210
Hidden FiguresMargot Lee Shetterly373
How the Garcia Girls Lost Their AccentsJulia Alvarez304
How to fight presidentsDaniel O'Brien272
I Let You Go Clare Mackintosh384
January 1973: Watergate, Roe v. Wade, Vietnam, and the Month that Changed America ForeverJames Robenalt420
Johnathan Strange & Mr. NorellSusannah Clarke1006
Julie & Julia Julie Powell310
KatherineAnya Seton500
Life After LifeKate Atkinson531
Lillian Boxfish Takes a WalkKathleen Rooney287
Margaret The FirstDanielle Dutton176
Matilda Roald Dahl240
Missing, PresumedSusie Steiner369
MonstressMarjorie M. Liu, Sana Takeda, Rus Wooton202
Moongirl and Devil Dinosaur #1Brandon Monclare, Amy Reeder, Natacha Bustos (illustrator)24
My Lady JaneCynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, & Jodi Meadows512
My Name is RedOrhan Pamuk & Erdag M. Goknar417
Norwegian WoodHaruki Murakami296
Orange is the New BlackPiper Kerman298
Passengar/Wayfarer Alexandra Bracken1018
Personal HistoryKatherine Grahm642
Pleasantville Attica Locke433
Queen of the NightAlexander Chee576
Ready Player OneErnest Cline374
RebeccaDaphne du Maurier393
Rise of the Rocket GirlsNathalia Holt352
Saffron SkiesLesley Loko 613
Seven Skeletons: The Evolution of the World's Most Famous Human FossilsLynda Pryne288
Sisi: Empress On Her OwnAlison Pataki464
Sisters In LawLinda Hirshman390
Swing TimeZadie Smith453
Tales of a Severed HeadRachida Madani, Marilyn Hacker176
The 19th Wife David Ebershoff530
The Bear and the NightegaleKatherine Arden336
The Book JumperMechthild Glaser384
The Case of Jack the Nipper H.L. Stephens328
The Couple Next DoorShari Lapena313
The Eyre Affair: Thursday Next #1Jasper Fforde374
The Geek Feminist RevolutionKameron Hurley288
The Ghost Bride Yangsze Choo368
The GirlsEmma Cline 368
The Great GatsbyF. Scott Fitzgerald156
The History of WolvesEmily Fridlund288
The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and DisappearedJonas Jonasson & Rod Bradbury396
The Inheritance TrilogyN. K. Jemsin1453
The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses and Geeks Created the Digital RevolutionWalter Issacson528
The Invisible Man Ralph Ellison610
The Last LectureRandy Pausch & Jeffrey Zaslow206
The Lonely Hearts HotelHeather O'Neill400
The Lost SisterhoodAnne Fortier608
The Luckiest Girl AliveJessica Knoll352
The Mercer GirlsLibbie Hawker430
The Mermaids DaughterAnn Claycomb448
The Miniaturist Jessie Burton 416
The Mists of Avalon Marion Zimmer Bradley1737
The MuseJessie Burton416
The NestCynthia D'Aprix Sweeney368
The Ocean at the End of the LaneNeil Gaiman256
The PossessionsSarah Flannery Murphy368
The Private Letters of Countess Erzesbet BathoryKimberly Craft142
The RoomsLauren Oliver320
The Sex Lives of Cannibals: Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific J. Maarten Troost272
The Shining GirlsLauren Beukes375
The Silent WIfeA.S.A Harrison326
The Star Touched QueenRoshani Chokshi342
THe Thousand Autumns of Jacob de ZoetDavid Mitchell479
The TrespasserTana French449
The Unraveling of Mercy LouisKeija Parssinen336
The VerdictNick Stone512
The Virgin CureAmi McKay356
Tulip Fever Deborah Moggach288
Under Different StarsAmy A Bartol297
Underground RailroadColson Whitehead 306
Vlad the Impaler: The Real Count DraculaEnid A. Goldber & Norman Itzkowitz128
What She KnewGilly McMillian699
Xanadu John Man352
You Will Know MeMeg Abbot352
Z: A Novel of Zelda FitzgeraldTherese Anne Fowler384


No comments:

Post a Comment