Subscribe to #LitGoals Mailings!

* indicates required

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Review: The English Wife

The English Wife The English Wife by Lauren Willig
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Part Gothic novel, part romance, part soap opera, this is a historical fiction readers type of guilty pleasure! I loved this novel, I found it to be thrilling in places, a little pedantic in others, but it was an enticing read and an oddly great palate cleanser. The mystery at the heart of the story is simple, but Ms. Willig does a great job of adding in enough twists and turns to keep you on your toes. Told from a few perspectives, and in current/flashback form, you can get dizzy while reading if you aren't paying attention, but I think that's simply so the obvious and predictable elements of the story still have a chance to sneak up on you. It was a very fun read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment