Subscribe to #LitGoals Mailings!

* indicates required

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Literature Goals has a new goal

Hello Readers,

Today I would like to announce that in 2018 I will shift the focus of this blog and let you know that on top of focusing on books, I'll be focusing more on literacy as a whole.

While literacy is defined as the ability to read and write, I find that it is so much more. It's the complex understanding of the written word. Literacy is also about having effective communication skills, even using the Internet is an example of modern literacy; and the astonishing rate of illiteracy worldwide means that global problems take decades and centuries to solve. Literacy is a compound and complex skill that needs to be developed. 

So what exactly does this all mean for me? Well, I'm hoping to better craft my posts to encourage reading, writing, and understanding, along with encouraging more "challenging" reads; all while doing some self discovery to see where I stand with my own literacy knowledge. I'll be posting book reviews, reflections, and streams of consciousness revolving around books and the media. 

The goal here is to encourage literacy whenever and however I can, and we'll all just have to see how that plays out. 

Until next time, 
XoXo

BrainyHeroine


No comments:

Post a Comment