Subscribe to #LitGoals Mailings!

* indicates required

Friday, August 24, 2018

The Contemporary Classics Project

Good Morning Readers!

Guess who's working on a new project? Yup. Me! And to be honest it's one I've been mulling over for a while now.

My favorite books are classics, Frankenstein, Don Quixote, The Count of Monte Cristo, and so many people find these books impossible to read, or hard to comprehend. This baffles me, but it has inspired my newest project:

The Contemporary Classics Project

So what exactly is it? To put it simply, I'm going to be re-reading classic novels and finding their contemporaries in newer works. I'm also going to be presenting them with some background, interesting tidbits of history or fun backstories. Plus I'll be posting three to five books that have similar themes or aspects of the classics to give y'all a reading list you might actually enjoy finishing a little bit more than the summer reading lists from school. 

Classics aren't dead or expired, they aren't impossible, though they can be infuriating (I have a rather complicated history with Ulysses myself); Classics inspired so many styles of literature, so many storylines that readers today love. 

Until Next Time, 

XoXo
BrainyHeroine





No comments:

Post a Comment