Subscribe to #LitGoals Mailings!

* indicates required

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Review: Mask of Shadows

Mask of Shadows Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Mask of Shadows is a different sort of adventure; it is not one for you if you can't handle the nature of what an assasin does, the fact that A LOT of people get killed, I mean George R.R. Martin might even get a little blood shy here, and if you're not willing to open up your mind set about what a main character can be, over what they should be. Sal is highly motivated not only to better their self, but rather to avenge a series of sensless deaths; ones that even to their family from them. There is a no holds barred series of tests and tasks for the auditioners, and very few rules for them. Sal becomes known only as Twenty Three and plans to become the biggest bada** of them all. Fighting is second nature to Sal, and they are given more than refined killing abilities. Sal is given an education (which spirals into a whole other level of finding and choosing your true identity.) Linsey Miller created a new world, and I need the rest of these books because there are a few things at the end that make me want to punch people in their masked faces. I'll leave it at that for now, but I'm going to go work on being an Emerald.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment