Subscribe to #LitGoals Mailings!

* indicates required

Monday, August 21, 2017

Review: The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls

The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls by Emilie Autumn
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I honestly don't think I've ever rated a book so low, if it was possible to give zero stars and still provide a review I would. That being said, I am ANGRY at how infuriated this book has me, as well as how much of a disappointment this book was.

1. IT IS A BLOODY VIDEO GAME FOR YOUR KINDLE!! Not even a good one at that.
2. The story, if you can get past the game and allow yourself to read it is terribly offensive and triggering to those who suffer from depression, mental illness, suicidal ideation, self harm, and a myriad of other things.
3. The story is actually awful. The characters are poorly written and you can tell the author goes for shock value rather than quality and consistency.

The overall theme/plot line of the book had me going in hoping for another awesome read. I'll admit that I love books set in asylums, and that I was hooked from the plot teaser I read on Amazon. I ACTUALLY REQUESTED A $3 REFUND OF MY KINDLE PURCHASE! Which I honestly didn't know you could do.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment