Subscribe to #LitGoals Mailings!

* indicates required

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

BOB 20: The Rewrite

Good Morning Readers!

Today is the second day of Bout of Books 20 and you still have today to sign up! I'm working on keeping a list of what I get through this week, along with what I start but don't finish. Plus it's fun to categorize books and make lists.

The prompt or challenge for today is to rewrite a book synopsis from another character's point of view. They gave an example from Harry Potter, with Hermoine's view, and I am attempting to tackle this challenge with Stephanie Garber's Caraval.

My sister Scarlett and I have never left home before; our abusive and monstrous father keeps us locked here as though we were saints for purchase and Scarlett's price has just been paid. Sure, she's been getting letters from her bethrothed, but I know they're my father's lies. I have to escape, Scar has to escape, and their is only one person who can help us do just that. For years my sister has been pining to go to the Caraval, a mysterious game that consumes its players. Whatever happens inside the game happens in a perceived reality, but remember dear sister, it is only a game. I am getting off this island, and if Legend keeps his promise, my sister will leave too. I've bargained my life away betting on my sister; I hope I wasn't wrong. 

Okay, I hope that wasn't terrible. It's acutally hard to rewrite a synposis without giving anything away!! There's a reason that one POV usually dominates them.

Until Next Time,

XoXo
BrainyHeroine

No comments:

Post a Comment