Subscribe to #LitGoals Mailings!

* indicates required

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Review: The Clockwork Dynasty

The Clockwork Dynasty The Clockwork Dynasty by Daniel H. Wilson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There are many authors and many novels that try to send you to the past, bring you back to the present, and have every page be a different moment in the timeline, and few do this well; this is one of those books that does it perfectly! Without the use of flashbacks the story probably wouldn't have tied together so well. The combination of landscape description, development of characters, the accuracy of the history, and the utter insanity of the plot combine beautifully to wrap you in this potentially different version of your actual world. Also, the intensity and utter realism of the Avtomat will screw with your head, in a terrifyingly good way. As I finished this book I found myself hoping for a sequel or a series or a never ending epilogue because I could not give this book up easily. I read every single word on every single page, not in the fear of missing something but rather in the desperation that I wasn't ready for this story to end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment