Subscribe to #LitGoals Mailings!

* indicates required

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Wanna Join a Book Club?

Yes Readers,

Today is a day of several posts. And spreadsheets, so many spreadsheets.

I host a book club through Facebook that was born out of the Plagues, Witches and War: The Worlds of Historical Fiction - Coursera group, created many moons ago by people who had taken this excellent MOOC. It is hands down one of the best you can take, particularly if you're an avid reader or history buff.

This year, I stopped hosting discussions in March after my father died. I've only recently decided to restart them, but I needed them to change.

Instead of doing one book a month, we're doing one every six weeks. Hopefully this eliminates the issue of not having enough time to read the selections. I've also gone ahead and chosen all nine books for the year, which helps alleviate stress on my end because the previous method of choosing involved polls and voting and a crap load of effort on my end. I'm keeping the discussion questions, though I may not do quite as many, and I am keeping the I Liked and the I Hated threads, because not every reader is going to love every element of every book, and sometimes people like the unexpected aspects of a novel.

Below are the books, discussion dates, and page counts, and I'd love for anyone to join! I can easily add you to the group on FB, but I'll figure out how to make the discussions work in the blogspace or Litsy.

XoXo
BrainyHeroine


Title
Author
Page Count
Discussion Dates
Tulip Fever
Deborah Moggach
288
Jan. 8-14, 2018
The Hamiton Affair
Elizabeth Cobbs
408
Feb. 19-25, 2018
Whispers of the Moon Moth
Lindsay Jayne Ashford
352
Apr. 2-7, 2018
Before We Were Yours
Lisa Wingate
352
May 14-19, 2018
Butterfly Island
Corina Bomann
446
June 25-30, 2018
The Essex Serpent
Sarah Perry
422
Aug. 6-12, 2018
Lincoln in the Bardo
George Saunders
343
Sept. 17-23, 2018
The Witches of
New York
Ami McKay
560
Oct. 29 - Nov. 4, 2018
The Cottingley Secret
Hazel Gaynor
383
Dec. 10-15, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment