Subscribe to #LitGoals Mailings!

* indicates required

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Dark Breaks the Dawn and Your Heart!



Hey All!!

Welcome to my first of a few posts dedicated to the Las Vegas Book Festival! This past Saturday my very favorite thing that happens in Vegas and October was made even better by the amount of literary talent that took over my town! Starting with Sara B. Larson!

Known for the Defy Trilogy, Larson's Dark Breaks the Dawn is a retelling, or fractured re-imagining of Swan Lake. Told over two books, with book two set to release next year, Larson gives us a freshly, breathtakingly, magical rendition of an oft forgotten story.

During the LVBF, Larson was on a panel with Rosalyn Eves, Erin Summerill, and Wendy Spinale; and the discussion was hilarious and fun. It's always exciting to see how authors connect with each other, and how they connect with their fans. Additionally, the inside look into how their brains work when writing, editing, and making character decisions was really insightful! Additionally, I added about five authors to read thanks to Erin Summerill's recommendations.

Read on below to see my Goodreads review of DBTD, and add it to your own TBR!!

XoXo
BrainyHeroine



Dark Breaks the Dawn Dark Breaks the Dawn by Sara B. Larson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I got Dark Breaks the Dawn for my birthday this year, I've been on a retelling kick lately, and LOVED this unique take on Swan Lake. The reinvented landscape, the remarkable cast of characters, and if you're like me and also get the book on audible, you'll love how easy it is to get swept up in Eadrolan, and Evelayn's story. Dark Breaks the Dawn gives you a LOT of back story into Swan Lake, and I'm guessing book two will be more of the traditional story that we know. The ending had me crying, maybe throwing the book across the room, and over all, anticipating the sequel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment