Subscribe to #LitGoals Mailings!

* indicates required

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Book Riot's 2017 Read Harder Challenge!

I'm crazy excited for this one! When I saw the categories for this years challenge I knew that it would actually be difficult for me to do. I love my "book ruts", I read what I like and I know I tend to like a limited scope of books. The beauty of this challenge though is that in order to complete it I have no choice but to expand my horizons, bookishly speaking.

The list is as follows:


  • Read a book about sports
  • Read a debut novel
  • Read a book about books
  • Read a book set in Central or South America written by a Central or South American author
  • Read a book by an immigrant or with a central immigration narrative
  • Read an all-ages comic
  • Read a book published between 1900 and 1950
  • Read a travel memoir
  • Read a book you've read before
  • Read a book that is set within 100 miles of your location
  • Read a book that is set more than 5000 miles from your location
  • Read a fantasy novel
  • Read a nonfiction book about technology
  • Read a book about war
  • Read a YA or middle grade novel by an author who identifies as LGBTQ+
  • Read a book that has been banned or frequently challenged in your country
  • Read a classic by an author of color
  • Read a superhero comic with a female lead
  • Read a book in which a character of color goes on a spiritual journey.
  • Read an LGBTQ+ romance novel. 
  • Read a book published by a micropress
  • Read a collection of stories by a woman
  • Read a collection of poetry in translation on a theme other than love
  • Read a book wherein all point-of-view characters are people of color
See what I mean? 

-BrainyHeroine

No comments:

Post a Comment